Bra strap indents are a common mark on the shoulders of we busty ladies. Our bane, I mean. Though some flat-chested queens using bras with the wrong straps experience this too.
And the good side?
For those who think their breasts are annoyingly large, those dents can help in your insurance claim for breast reduction. But that’s just it.
The downsides are manifold:
For one, bra strap syndrome (aka bra dent) causes pain in the neck, arms, and shoulders. Ever felt those straps pressurizing and digging tightly into your skin? Urgh!
Another sad fact is…
Bra dents are UNSIGHTLY. Well, maybe just for me. But losing body confidence, say in beach parties, with those ugly bulges between your straps and band is real. And the downsides go on.
So now, here’s the question:
What do you do when your bra straps dig into your shoulders, causing pains and leaving marks?
Try and test the 8 bra strap marks removal hacks shared below and stick to whichever works the best for you.
Try This First:
Exfoliate Bra Strap Marks Using Milk
Here’s why milk is a great idea:
Milk contains Alpha Hydroxyl Acid (AHA!), a major ingredient in anti-aging creams and other modern skincare products. This natural acid removes dead skin cell and stimulate new growth.
So, what’s the catch?
When you apply a dairy milk mask on the strap marks, it removes dry patches, lightens the skin, and removes wrinkles.
For better, faster results:
Wear a quality dairy milk mask on the marks for 10-20 minutes in the morning and before going to bed at night. But it’s not just an ordinary dairy milk mask.
See below for…
How To Make Milk Exfoliator At Home To Remove Shoulder Marks
Like I mentioned earlier, it’s not just milk alone:
Almond oil is needed too to further empower this exfoliator. Actually, almond oil has enormous emollient properties that regenerate dead skin and foster skin healing.
To prepare your milk exfoliator:
- STEP 1; get a jar of dairy milk and a bottle of almond oil
- STEP 2; measuring with a standard tablespoon, scoop one spoon of almond in a container
- STEP 3; scoop a standard tablespoon of dairy milk in the same container
- STEP 4; thoroughly beat and stir the mixture to form a smooth blend
Now, to apply:
- STEP 1; dip a large piece of cotton wool in the exfoliator
- STEP 2; gently bring it in contact with the strap marks
- STEP 3; repeat until the marks are entirely covered in the exfoliator
- STEP 4; cover up with a clean towel to hold the applied exfoliator on the marks
- STEP 5; leave for 10-20 minutes
- STEP 6; rinse with clean water and fan-dry
Extra tip: use your milk exfoliator for nothing less than 2 months. If you observe no changes after the second month, try the next exfoliating method below…
Exfoliate Bra Strap Dents With Essential Massage Oil
Massage oils were popular for their soothing, calming benefits, and how they add thickness to the skin. Later on, more recipes got discovered to spice up and add extra-functionality.
In the skincare industry today, there’s a leading massage oil from the Bio-oil store. This one offers uneven skin tone improvement, scar removal, and stretch mark elimination.
And the good thing is:
You can flesh out a homemade rival to the popular Bio-oil for personal use today. And after weeks of regular application, you’ll notice those marks disappearing. Trust me.
How To Make Powerful Massage Oil That Works Faster On Strap Dents
This is everything you need:
- Fractionated coconut oil
- Jojoba oil or Avocado oil
- Argan oil
- Massage essential oil blend
- Moringa seed oil
- A container
- A teaspoon
Now, follow my lead:
- STEP 1; measure 2oz of fractionated coconut oil in the container using the teaspoon
- STEP 2; measure in 3oz of either Jojoba oil or Avocado oil
- STEP 3; measure in 3oz of Argan oil
- STEP 4; measure in 2oz of Moringa seed oil
- STEP 5; add 30 drops of massage essential oil to complete
- STEP 6; stir the mixture with a spoon, thoroughly, to blend
- STEP 7; store the mixture in an air-tight container
- STEP 8; apply the mixture day and night after a shower
Yes, you read that right:
The thing is, shoulder marks from bra straps get darker and worse in the heatwaves of sunny summers. If you’re an athlete or visit the beach often, you’re more exposed to a lot of UV rays.
So, where does sunscreen comes in?
Basically, sunscreen helps to remove skin darkness caused by skin exposure to UV rays. And with regular use, it will erase those dark vents.
Before you get your hopes high, confirm that your strap dentations are actually dark. Otherwise, wearing sunscreen is of no use.
Instead, I recommend…
Switching To Strapless Brassieres
Bra indentations are mostly found under the strap areas of the shoulders. If your “gurlz” are BIG, you’re more likely to get the best supports from strap bras. No challenging that fact.
But here’s the thing:
With the straps bearing all that load, the pressure is, in turn, distributed around your shoulders. If that pressure keeps coming, it causes skin indentations.
And the best solution?
Go strapless, though most of us go to the extreme by going braless. Just do what feels right. But if you’re going for strapless bras, make sure they have the best band support.
While snitching straps, you still want that breast support, the comfort, and the good shape of strap bras. Right? That’s why strapless brassieres with high band supports are the thing.
High support bands make up for the functions of straps.
Another great option…
Always Wear The Right Bra Size
But the truth is, most of us don’t even know our ACTUAL size. Ever felt like lingerie manufacturers don’t like you? Yes? Okay.
Do this instead:
Instead of “adding to cart” intuitively, get familiar with the proper strap measurements given by bra lingerie experts. See the table below…
Band Sizing Table
|Under-Bust Measurement||Size||Band Size|
Always measure your underbust with a tape rule then see what band size corresponds to it on the table above.
But what about strap size?
Well… there are no standards for this. The best step you can take is to get a consultation service from a lingerie expert around you.
Roger that? Moving on…
Apply A Mixture Of Yogurt And Turmeric Pack
Yogurt + Turmeric = Nature-given antiseptic moisturizer. This combo is the perfect low-budget but powerful shot at dark indentations and scars.
Here’s the bigger picture:
Plain natural yogurt is a moisturizer and a healthy skin food behind many gorgeousness and shines. On the other hand, turmeric is packed with antiseptic properties for dents healing.
Want your own homemade yogurt and turmeric pack?
How To Make Homemade Yogurt And Turmeric Pack For Bassier Strap Dents
Below is everything you need:
- Plain, natural unflavored yogurt; ¼ cup
- Turmeric powder; 1 teaspoon
- Lemon juice; 1 teaspoon
- Ground coffee; ½ tablespoon
- Honey; ½ tablespoon
Once you get those ingredients, follow my steps below:
- STEP 1; introduce ¼ cup of plain natural unflavored yogurt in a container
- STEP 2; add 1 tablespoon of turmeric powder
- STEP 3; add 1 tablespoon of lemon
- STEP 4; add ½ tablespoon of ground coffee
- STEP 5; add ½ tablespoon of honey
- STEP 6; stir and mix with a spoon to form a smooth blend
And that’s it.
How To Apply Yogurt And Turmeric Pack
- STEP 1; wash the indented skin and dry with a CLEAN towel
- STEP 2; apply a thin layer of your pack using a flat brush
- STEP 3; wait for 10-20 minutes
- STEP 4; rinse the applied pack right off
- STEP 5; fan-dry
- STEP 6; apply your other skincare routine if you have one
- STEP 7; repeat morning and night till all marks disappear
Okay, another strap mark removal option:
Use Walnut Or Sugar Scrub
This works too:
So, the idea is to exfoliate and treat with 2 simple but medically powerful ingredients- walnut and lemon. Or, sugar and lemon.
Whichever you lay your hands on:
Walnut and sugar, both have a coarse texture. So, get either and add to a tablespoon of lemon extract to make an exfoliator.
Collect the mixture with white cotton wool and scrub it on the dry skin for about 5-6 minutes. Finally, wash and dry. Repeat for 3-4 weeks, and your shoulders would be indentations-free.
Need 2 more useful nuggets?
2 Extra Tips To Remove Brassier Strap Dents
Here we go:
- Drink a lot of water; yes, water. Water helps to improve skin tone, prevent quick aging, tightens the skin, and stops itchiness. To make it work, drink 8 cups of water every day.
- Eat a lot of fruits; fruits are nature-given gifts to WO-man-kind. Okay, I made that up but fruits are extremely powerful when it comes to skincare.
Almost every powerful skincare product has fruit as its MAJOR ingredient. But again, removing skin dents by eating fruits depends on the kind of fruit you eat.
Pay attention now:
Kiwi fruits, papaya, blueberries, strawberries, oranges, guava, and blackcurrants are skin-glowers. They also strengthen the capillaries that supply the skin with nutrients.
One more helpful tip:
Going Incognito: How To Conceal Bra Strap Indentations
So I saved this one for the last:
Suppose you have those dents there already and need to go out in an outfit that would reveal them. What would you do? Conceal them with the right makeup!
Yes, you read that right:
Though this won’t work so well for an outing on the beach or in a swimming pool. But the best way to conceal dark marks is through the careful application of skin toners or makeups.
At the bottom line:
The perfection level of this depends on choosing the right tone of makeup and applying it the right way.
The right makeup tone is the one that exactly matches your true skin color. Likewise, applying it the right way means not too heavy and not too light.
You need to find out which tone is perfect and the perfect layer thickness to apply through trial and error.
Rounding this up:
Bra strap indents, like any other skin problem, are a stain on our beauty and a blow at our body confidence. Add to the fact that these strap marks are painful too.
But say no more:
With the 8 ways shared so far on how to get rid of bra strap indentations, you’ll definitely get your gorgeousness back. But, by time. And by commitment.
In case you have questions to ask, thoughts to share, or anything to call me back to, use the comments below.