Getting a perfect bra size can prove to be quiet difficult, frustrating, and challenging especially for saggy breasts. Having a sagging breast is due to different factors like age, breastfeeding, menopause, a rapid increase in breast size, gravity, collagen deficiency.etc
You can go bra shopping and end up getting beautiful bras with great design and features but lack a very important feature that would help you push up your sagging breast in a way you like and some might not give you enough support or the full coverage you need. Before going shopping for a bra it is advisable and important to always take measurement of your breast first this will help you determine the best bra to give you support and comfort and this way you would know the size to go for because the size of your bra will also depend on the shape of your breast, but for saggy breasts, the measurements might be quiet confusing.
How to take measurements of bra size for sagging breasts
One important thing to note when taking your measurement is the nature and shape of your breast. We have several shapes of breasts, like round breasts, side sets, narrow, saggy breasts, etc. For sagging breast, the shape of the breast usually points downwards, in this case, it is important to go for bras that come with underwire that would fully support the breast.
How to correctly measure bra size for sagging breast
Measuring your bra size is quite easy all you need is a tape measure Make this measurement when you are bra-less or wearing a non-padded bra. Go through the following steps to help you have the knowledge of what to know before buying a bra for a sagging breast.
- Measure your band size
- Measure your cup size
Measure your band size
Getting the right band size might be a big struggle to measure the bra size for sagging breasts because not all bra brands fit the same way. If you can put two fingers or more between your chest and the band of your bra, then the bra might be too big, getting a band too big might not only be uncomfortable but it might also even increase the chances of the breast getting saggier, bands should be able to provide at least 80% support to your breast.
Get a tape and wrap it around your rib cage right under your bust. Make sure the tape is leveled around your body.
After taking your measurement round to the nearest whole number or make sure to add at least two to three inches to your measurement if you got an even number, this way you would get an accurate band size or you pull the measuring tape till its a little snug since most bra bands are elastic.
Wrap the tape above your breast and directly under your arm, this should give you your actual bust size
To get the right band size for a sagging breast you can pull your bra straps high to get your breast up enough for you to get the measurement under your breast for accurate measurement.
The first thing you should do when you see a bra you would like to go for is to insert your fingers under the band of the bra this is after you are already aware of your size. You can also decide to go to a professional bra fitting store, they will help get your accurate measurement by measuring your chest to get a well-fitted bra for you.
Measure your cup size
Knowing your cup size just like knowing your bra band is also important when getting a bra especially when you are trying to know how to measure bra size for sagging breast since you might have to hold them up when taking the measurements.
Put the tape on your bust and measure around the fuller part of your bust loosely. If you are putting on a bra make sure its parallel to your band.
Finally, Subtract your bust measurement form your band measurement, this would give you your cup size. The difference between them calculates your bra size and each inch represents a cup.
How to know if your bra fits properly
Now that you’ve known how to measure bra size for sagging breast here are tips how to know if it fits you correctly
- You should be able to fit a finger between your bra band and your body if not then it is too tight and if there are gaps underneath the cup then the band is too loose and you might experience it riding up and it can be quite uncomfortable especially when walking. And the bands should sit snugly against your back.
- Make sure you go for adjustable straps and comfortable straps that stay on your shoulders comfortably and don’t dig in or pinch you.if the straps slip off your shoulders even after adjusting it then you need a different size.
- If you see empty spots in your bra cups, then something is wrong which means you need a smaller cup size. And if you happen to experience spillage at the side or top of the cup, then you need a larger cup size. Also if its an underwire bra and it keeps riding up then it is not your size you need to get a larger size. Your cups should be full and smooth.
- If your underwire keeps pinching and poking you then its not the bra for you
- If you can stick a finger under your center gore is totally bad, you shouldn’t be able to, your gore should be tight to keep your breast from spilling out at the bottom.
- The back of the bra should be leveled with the front
Bras are mainly to offer support to the breast, thus for a sagging breast, your bra should fit properly and snug around your body. And you should know and always have your measurement is written down somewhere you can easily access. However, bra size tends to change over some time due to some factors like breastfeeding, an increase in breast size, and so on.
Bras are mainly to offer support to the breast, thus for a sagging breast, your bra should fit properly and snug around your body. And you should know and always have your measurement is written down somewhere you can easily access. However, bra size tends to change over some time due to some factors like breastfeeding, an increase in breast size, and so on.[Sassy_Social_Share title=”Share this article:”]